Friday, April 13, 2018

We Gon' Be Alright!

FADE IN:
INT. STUDY HALL - PORTABLE 43
After a refreshing night's sleep of five hours, SANDRA rubs the tiredness out of her eyes as she blasts Kendrick Lamar in her headphones to stay awake. The end is near.
--
Alas, the end is nigh.

It has been a journey to say the least. Working by myself had to have been the toughest choice I made this entire course. I very much underestimated the amount of work I would be responsible for, but we honestly pulled it off.

I am completely done with my website and poster (!!!) but admittedly, we still have to do some final tweaking on the documentary excerpt to get it completely to my liking. But it is all okay!! We got about...

37 hours,
21 minutes, 
and 01 seconds (and counting)

until CLIQUE is put out for the public to see (and enjoy, hopefully).

Throughout this project, I learned my strengths (website/graphic design, branding) and my weaknesses (solo-directing, producing and editing, oh God, the editing agony). I learned how to manage my time better and put in research into every step of the progress. Doing this process all by myself definitely helped me grow up as not only a media student, but as a person in general (cheesy, but true). I hope to take all of the skills I have learned from this Final Portfolio and from my previous work dating back to the beginning of my junior year taking AICE Media Studies AS Level beyond high school as I continue my education at the University of Florida as an Advertising major.

Prepare for my next two posts which will include all final components and my Creative Critical Reflection!

Until then,
SLS


No comments:

Post a Comment