Friday, April 6, 2018

With A Little Help From My Friends

FADE IN:
INT. SCHOOL CAFETERIA
Among the noise, SANDRA carefully balances her laptop along with bouncing off in between conversations. She starts to type furiously before her thoughts escape her.
---
Fresh out of Media Studies class and I'm already blogging! Did somebody say dedication?

Today we had a group feedback session, which was considerably helpful since I would say I felt very stuck last night during editing. I wanted to have the bulk of my video edited by today so I could discuss any issues I felt I was having. Working by yourself means you got to be your own partner, which is kind of hard when you can also be your own worst critic, so feedback from others is extremely valuable.

We discussed that the organization of my episode should mostly focus on the people of the Creative Writing class, considering the name of my series CLIQUE suggests a focus on groups of people, and not necessarily the class they are all a part of. Additionally, if I were to theoretically make this into a series, not every "high school clique" is characterized by a class they all take together, so to focus the beginning of my episode of that seems sort of out-of-place. Therefore, here is the organization of the episode so far:

  • WHO are these kids? (Sol's slam poem to introduce creative writing background)
  • WHAT is a typical day like in creative writing? (To introduce to the class/hear the dynamic between the strange structure and its students)
  • HOW are these kids perceived? (Stereotypes and crushing them)

So far, I have about 2 minutes and 30 seconds completely edited. I aim to finish it by Sunday night to work on my poster and website (which I don't anticipate will take me too long because I 'm usually the token person in group projects to handle the graphic design/website aspects). I'm feeling better about my progress! Are you guys ready??? Because I am!

Until then,
SLS



No comments:

Post a Comment