Wednesday, March 21, 2018

B-Rolling in the Deep

FADE IN:
INT. STOKLOSA'S CLASSROOM
Frazzled. SANDRA is frazzled. Spring break is coming, and she has lots of work to do. Let's do this.
---

It is Wednesday my dudes.

So, back on Monday, I conducted (I'm not a scientist what?)  did three interviews with Alexa, Sol, and Tabby! As for interview location, I decided to do it in the storage room in the back of the Creative Writing classroom where most of the books for Cypress Bay's English department is stored (Mrs. Seigel, the Creative Writing 3-5 teacher, is also the head of the English department at our school, so that's why we have access to the backroom). I decided to just record with my phone, which may have proved to be a little bit of an issue when it comes to stability and composition. I'm going to try and combat this issue through just quick cuts of each person talking to remind the audience of whose voice is speaking, but otherwise, most of the material used will just be the audio as the guiding narration (as I mentioned in my previous blog post).

Peep that little bit of B-roll & interview excerpts.
My next objective is to find B-roll I have been taking for the past couple of weeks that pair well with the interview responses. I'm feeling good about my progress with the video... today was the last day of the week where I would be in Creative Writing. I captured some good footage that I think would complement the audio, along with extra just in case I'm in a time crunch. It's never a bad idea to have extra footage!

Next up:
  • Edit video (finish it by the end of Spring Break - if I need more B-roll, get that the first Monday back from break a.k.a. April 2nd) ((but don't push it))
  • Come up with poster concept art
  • Website!!
Everything is coming together!!!!!

Until then,
SLS

No comments:

Post a Comment