Friday, March 30, 2018

Make Some Noise!!

FADE IN:
INT. SANDRA'S BEDROOM
SANDRA is probably developing scoliosis by laying on her bed for too long.
---
Back to the editing grind.

So you know how I did that typewriter opening effect? Well, I felt like something was missing... of COURSE, the sound element!!

Sound is often quite overlooked in lots of work, even though it could be very simple. At first, I decided I want to go the sort of "folly" route by recording myself type on my own personal type writer.

Yes, this is my monstrous typewriter on my desk.
I decided to use the speakers Mrs. Stoklosa let me borrow over break to practice and get comfortable with, as she suggested that maybe I would want to use them for extra interview footage that is more informal when I come back from spring break. However, the quality still wasn't the best I was hoping for. That's when Plan B came in: royalty-free sound effects!


I knew that YouTube has a great Audio Library that is free to use, so I embarked on finding a keyboard sound effect that would work well with the pacing of the letters coming onto the screen. Thankfully, I found the one: "Keyboard Typing Fast".

Ah, the joys of editing. Let's keep it going.
Until then,
SLS



No comments:

Post a Comment